Peace Officer Assault Weapon Registration Authorization Letter

The California Department of Justice, Bureau of Firearms, has informed us that if your agency authorizes your acquisition of a patrol rifle, Cal DOJ will accept the attached form authorization letter [which it refers to as a Peace Officer Assault Weapon Authorization (POAWR)] from the head of your agency when you submit your registration application.